No Longer Choked Up

Subject: No Longer Choked Up
From: SJC Worldwide <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:31:41 -0800
After messing around with the new Holley carb again last night, making
sure the choke linkage was freed up, etc., I crossed my fingers this
morning and went down to the car. Instead of following the Tiger owner's
handbook instructions (which says to push the gas pedal down once and
release it), I turned on the key, tapped the gas pedal down only about
1/4 of the way, and let it up (sure enough, the choke plate closed
completely as its supposed to) and tunred the key. Success! It started
instantly and within a couple of seconds was idling at around 1700 RPM.
I might lower that to around 1500, but I finally have a choke that works
and a car that runs well when its cold. Thanks to everyone for the
suggestions.

Steve Sage