Re: when to shift

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: when to shift
From: "Jim D'Amelio" <jimdamelio@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:50:48 -0500
Jerry Porsch definitely drives his Tiger on the street.  I spent the good
part of an evening sitting in his passenger seat as he tore up the mountain
roads in Townsend TN at the TE/AE Spring Thing last year.

Saying that the car really hooks up is an understatement.  The rear end
doesn't squat under power, it doesn't pull to one side or twist, it just
takes off in a straight line FAST.  His secret is the adjustable traction
bars he had custom made.

The motor he was running was the one that ran 10.61, but he called it his
junk motor!  He had blown the pervious motor and this one was just sitting
in the corner of his shop collecting dust!

He probably went through half a bottle of NOS running through the mountains
that night.  The man has no fear, he also has no front sway bar which made
the twistees that much more exciting.  We drove into Gatlinburg to cruise
the strip-big deal in Gatlinburg on a Saturday night-and surprised a lot of
folks.  Everyone wanted to know what was under the hood.  If it wasn't for
the roll cage the car would look completely stock.

The modified C-4 was the key, all he had to do was step on the gas.  Anyway
how can you shift and push 'the button' at the same time?

Jim