GTeck Pro

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: GTeck Pro
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:00:16 -0500
Larry,
        Recommend having a passenger go along to log the
data and set the "Go" button.  You can add the passengers weight
to the entered Tiger weight and still get valid readings.
You also need a place with a level road.  Hills will cause
false readings.  Make two way runs several times and average the
readings.  Do not take the single highest reading and assume
that is correct.  If you do not shift smoothly, sometimes
you can get a peak due the jerk during a shift.

        If anyone out there is real good at programming a
 Palm Pilot, I have a scheme to add a 2 axes acceleratomer chip to
one and be able to log the data and later download it to a PC.
I do not have the experience or skill to do the programming I want.

At 08:15 PM 2/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Jim, what's wrong with shaking hands.  I learned to just write bigger.
>Of course, stuttering with the cop is not good.
>
>Bottom line, do you think the GTech is a good adjustment tool for the
>engine, suspension, and your driving style.
>
>Larry
>
>James Barrett wrote:
>>
>> Larry and all the others who have commented about HP etc.
>>
>>         The GTeck-Pro that I have does in fact provide
>> instantinious and peak HP (If you enter the weight
>> of your car before you start.) It also reads ET and MPH
>> in a 1/4 mile at another setting.  The data is NOT
>> recorded unfortunually.  I find that when I am "Testing"
>> my Tiger, It is difficult to operate the GTeck-Pro and
>> to write down the results when the hands are shaking
>> real bad.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others