Re: Vacuuming My Tiger

To: rootes@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Vacuuming My Tiger
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:14:45 EST
I ran my Mk IA for a few months with the booster
bypassed but still attached to the vacuum line.
Remember than hose is a vacuum.  When the
seals in the booster start leaking, it will begin
sucking the brake fluid into the canister until it
fills up, then it goes into the intake and provides
a copious amount of smoke when stepping on
the brakes.  By the you will have gone through
adding quite a bit if brake fluid and wondering
where in went.  Be careful when opening the
canister as it will be full of fluid and it makes a
great paint remover.  Also the piston inside is
spring loaded and wants to get out badly.

My experience says the lister who suggested
changing the primary jets is right on.  Besides
then are cheap and simple to change.  Remember
the adage about doing the cheap thing first before
spending big bucks or effort.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL