RE: Speedo Cable Tiger 1A

To: "Mark Fridenstine" <laceyf@crosslink.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedo Cable Tiger 1A
From: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 07:28:12 -0500
Mark - I've had the same problem through three MOMA rebuilds.  After the
first rebuild they included a note saying that the cable end was too long on
my speedo, and to cut it off to about 5/8".  Sure enough, mine was about 1",
so I cut it off.  Still chewed up the speedo.  Called Rick at SS and he said
he no longer sold speedo cables because they were all too long and chewed up
the speedos.  Called Curt and he said he had the correct speedo cable.  When
it came, it was sure enough about an inch long.  He said he's been selling
'em for about ten years that way and had no complaints but of course offered
me my money back.  Am sending *both* to MOMA - if they want it cut off they
can do it themselves....

Chris Thompson
B382000331

<snip>