Coolant Overflow Tanks

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Coolant Overflow Tanks
From: "Mark Meswarb" <meswarb@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:33:37 -0600
Listers,

For road racing (local club), I'm required to run a coolant overflow tank.
Rather than run the tradional plastic coke bottle held in place with duct
tape, I bought one from Summit and istalled it. But how will it work?  If my
system tries to puke to the overflow tank, won't that pressurize the tank
since its unvented?  If so, wouldn't it then try to blow off the overflow
hose from the header tank.  There is a petcock drain on the overflow tank,
but no vent.

Thanks,
Mark