Generator problem

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Generator problem
From: "Jim Schultz" <jschultz@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:05:01 -0600
Listers,

I am new to the list and have a problem with the generator on my
tiger.After replacing the generator and voltage regulator and polarizing
the system,the red light will come on, and stay on after approx. 400 miles
or so.I have replaced the brushes, and even gone with the bigger pulley to
reduce the rpm's the generator sees at higher engine rpm's. The car will
run until the battery drains and then I'm dead. The wiring seems to be
intact,nothing melted or disconnected.any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Jim Schultz
B9473281