Re: open response: Crappy Sunbeam dealer

To: <CMeinel464@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: open response: Crappy Sunbeam dealer
From: "Chuck Keding" <mhp@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:20:04 -0700
Curt,

    Thank you for your apology and I understand that you have been in pain
and somewhat debilitated by your broken leg.  However, this does not excuse
your unprofessional behavior on this and other occasions.  When I called you
the other day, I finally had enough (3 times and you're out) of your
attitude on past calls to me, the customer, and was simply frustrated by the
continued promises of 2-3 days.  When you are in business, you are supposed
to take care of customers and at least be businesslike, not diss them.  This
was the third time you had had been rude and you had no broken leg on the
first two occasions.  I had called you on two separate occasions about a
month apart and told you that I might have to order some parts from another
dealer, not to diss you but to let you know that my order may change.  This
is the responsible, busines-like thing to do.  Think about it, I do not know
how you do business.  I don't know whether you took my order verbally on
Jan21, wrote it up on an order form, entered it on a computer, or what.  I
was simply letting you know that the order might change.  That's it!  After
all, it
would not be right, responsible, businesslike, nor kind if I ordered some of
the parts from another dealer without notifying you and you receive the
parts in the mean time and you ship me my initial order.  I would then have
duplicate, unused parts from two dealers, and you would not have sufficient
stock for other customers.  Their projects would also be delayed.  At the
time I told you I might need to order some parts from another dealer, your
reply was I don't care, somebody else will order them. Even though this may
indeed be true, you just don't say those kinds of things to a customer if
you want to have good customers.  Again, an unprofessional, unbusiness-like
statement.   Turn the tables and see how you would respond, given the same
situation.
    And just to be completely accurate about the phonecall, you are mistaken
about the events.  You told ME that you weren't "in the mood for this",
which prompted me to reply that you were "an unprofessional bast*&" (not
assh%&@). I then hung up.  I apologize for that statement, but let's be
accurate here.  Those of you who might doubt my statements may ask
yourselves what I have to gain by posting this message?  Nothing.  What does
Curt have to gain by misquoting me?  Customers and $.   Hmmmm.........

I appreciate everyone's comments and am glad that most (not all) of you have
had good luck with Curt.  That is really good news, as I wondered how a
vendor
who treats all his customers in this manner could stay in business.
Unfortunately, he has lost a customer and let's face it, customers (and
tigers) are getting more scarce.  I consider the matter closed.

Thank all of you again for your comments