Re: Ford fan part # C9DZ-8600-A

To: Gary Strom <gstrom@oldrepublic.com>, Tiger List
Subject: Re: Ford fan part # C9DZ-8600-A
From: Sean C <sjcarolan@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:01:49 -0700 (PDT)
 been reading the list for some time now but i too haven't had much to offer,
so i haven't posted. i do have a question and maybe an answer though if it
hasn't already been answered by someone. re; the C9DZ8600A fan, (going back a
few days here) and it's origins, it came on the earliest mavericks, 69.5
onwards, 6 cylinder engine with A/C ONLY. often referred to as the canadian
fan, it was made in canada and if you find one in nice enough condition it will
probably be stamped accordingly in white.  It is lightweight aluminum, 4 rivets
per blade, each of the 6 blades blade stamped on the back C9DE (A), fomoco.
it's also stamped "front" meaning exactly what it says. it will fit aftermarket
(Rick's) waterpump, the centerhole will need to be honed out to fit the
original waterpump. there are 3 or 4 ford part number interchanges for this
fan, i have them in my computer somewhere and i'll find them & post. (the same
fan under a different number was used on comets, some mustangs & falcons, again
with A/C, and again with the 170, 200 CI 6 cyl, but i've never seen one used on
a 250 6 cyl. I can share clearance notes & performance impressions with anyone
who's interested, in terms of steering racks/ fan blades and motor
mounts...might very well save someone some grief.  And now for my question:
does anyone know the numbers of the original LAT 32/42  6 blade fan?

  Gary Strom <gstrom@oldrepublic.com> wrote:
Sounds like the one I had on my '70 351c Torino. It flew apart (at about 6000
rpm) and went through the hood and the battery. Ford gave me a new fan, but
nothing for the battery or hood repair.

Buy a new, aftermarket fan...

Gary