window alignment - stumped

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: window alignment - stumped
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:59:50 -0400
Hi Group. I am in the process of aligning the windows to the conv top,
and have come to a stumbling block.

I have aligned the right window, and it meets the frame and rubber seal
almost perfectly.

The left window is a problem.  I have the fixed quarter window aligned
with the windshield, the tilt in and out of the car is good, the window
mechanism rolls up and down fine, but when the window gets to the top of
the travel, it moves forward, and therefore leaves a gap in the rear
vertical seal.

I can move the window back on the rear felt channel, and the seal is
fine, but there is hardly any of the window in the front felt channel,
and again, when rolled up, it moves forward.

I have moved the front felt channels back as far as possible, and am
stumped.

Anyone go through this before.  I checked the dimensions of the glass
against a Alpine window and the dimensions are the same.

Thanks

Larry