Another carb rebuild question

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another carb rebuild question
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 19:49:07 -0400
THE LATEST QUESTION:  The rebuild kit contains two exact duplicate carb
base gaskets.  Nothing in the instructions says anything about the
gaskets.  Should I use both?

The carb is back together and about ready to go on.  For those of you
keeping track, I decided to block the holes in the top gasket, that were
directly under the bowl vent hole, and punch a new hole way off in a
corner, sort of like the original.  I also added a bit of foam (open
cell, tested for resistance to gas, etc) to the vent hole.

My carb is not exactly like the one in the manual.  The tag says:

C4DF S
A 5BB

The acc pump resembles the alternative one shown on the last page of the
carb section of the shop manual.  Could this be an original (My car was
assembled in the fall of '66) or a rebuilt installed by the PO?

Stu