Re: Temp gauge data

To: SFordRB@aol.com
Subject: Re: Temp gauge data
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 18:24:28 -0700
SFordRB@aol.com wrote:

>--------- If used in
> conjunction with a digital probe and compared to actual gauge readings and
> the corresponding multimeter readings we might get a better picture in real
> time readings. Just a thought......waiting for the critics to respond (That's
> tongue in cheek, I think?)
>
>  Sean  "Dr. Moonstone"
> B9471382

Consider your "critic" to have responded. {9->

An ordinary $7 kitchen "instant read" thermometer, with probe, dial
guage, probe case, and pocket nerdy pencil clip, can be inserted into an
OPEN surge tank, which contains water at the same temperature as
discharged 8 inches away in the thermostat housing. Close enough I would
think. And you can cook your meat correctly, too.

This is an easy way of testing guage accuracy from when the thermostat
opens, on up.

Although the actual loaded, sealed engine temperature may differ, the
calibration does not.

Maybe it's to simple, direct, and cheap?

Now a NBS (National Beauro of Standards) calibrated scientific
thermocouple brige system would be much more accurate, but that's only
when we are spending your tax money. {9-> Newer optical systems are even
better, with megabuck programs.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                          _/
                     _/_/_/