RE: Tiger II Speedometer Cable

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger II Speedometer Cable
From: "Chris Thompson" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 21:02:13 -0400
The speedo cable issue is of some debate.  You can get a new one from Curt
at Classic Sunbeam for, like, $15.  But it will come with a 1" or so shaft
at the speedo end.

My speedo was rebuilt twice by MOMA.  The first time, they sent back a sheet
telling me that what destroyed my speedo was the fact it had a 1" shaft, and
I needed to shorten it to 5/8".  I did so, but it still destroyed the speedo
immediately.  Sent it and the cable back to MOMA, and they rebuilt the
speedo again, NC, and said the cable looked ok to them.  Speedo destroyed
immediately upon installation.

So I'm sending a new cable from Curt as well as the speedo back to them and
have them shorten the shaft.  BTW, Curt says he hasn't had any problems
reported with the cable as he ships it....

Chris Thompson
B382000331

Wayne wrote