hard hot starting problem

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: hard hot starting problem
From: "G Shaw" <emmakita@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 19:57:02 -0400
Hi all

I have had a hard starting problem with my Tiger since I got it last year.
It only happens when the car is hot and it is warm outside. The car will
start after about 5 seconds of cranking and the gas to the floor. I can
usually smell gas when this happens.

The car has the original 260 with f4b intake and 465 holley with PCV. I read
a reference to a possible brake booster problem causing this a while back.
Could that be the problem or is it more likely a carb problem? The carb is
practically new but I have never adjusted it. Unfortunately I don't know
much about carbs anymore.

Thanks for any help

Greg