RE: Tiger Transmission Removal

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger Transmission Removal
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:03:11 -0700
Steve,
 I'm suprised you didn't plug the wide ratio gears while the trans is out
(but then you know my budget or lack of). Actually that is a (distant)
future goal.
  Just for the record, you (I mean, they, - those "two strapping young men")
were able to get the trans out without moving the engine? Meaning the input
shaft clears the bellhousing before the trans tailshaft "wedges" in the
frame X member? And the top of the trans "dives" under the bottom of the
bellhousing before the trans tailshaft "wedges" in the top of frame X
member?
  Also for the record I would be using a "strapping" old floorjack. You know
how  neigbors can talk.
 Tom Witt