Re: Ammeter

To: James Pickard <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Ammeter
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 11:21:20 -0400
If your car is running and the ammeter never indicates anything then you
may well be suffering from the same malady I faced:

STUPID INSTALLER

I found what looked like #28 wires connected to a couple inconsequentisl
circuit locations.  Good thing it wasn't installed correctly.

It should be in series with the big brown wire that goes from the
solenoid over to the regulator.  Real heavy wire, at least the size of
the brown one, should be used.

It's also possible that the meter movement itself is stuck or broken,
but this is less likely.

Stu