Re: Electric Fans

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fans
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 02:08:16 EDT
Rob,
    I have used several different electric fans on my Alpines and my Tiger
over the years.  The largest I have used is a 16" Flex-a-Lite, part Number
116 (pusher).  The same fan is advertised in JC Whitney catalogs.
    To mock-it-up I made a dummy radiator core support panel, first from
cardboard and then from 1/4" door paneling.  This gave me a way to do the
mockup work on my workbench.  Then I made brackets to locate and mount it on
the front face of the core support panel.  I did not want to drill any new
holes in my cars, so I use the four alternate radiator mounting holes to
support the electric fan: Tiger holes on an Alpine and Alpine holes on a
Tiger.
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle