Pertronix

Subject: Pertronix
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:41:28 -0700
I just spoke to Pertronix tech support and they are very helpful and had
me check a few things on my installation. They don't think it's likely
that my slightly wobbling distributor shaft is causing my no fire
condition on one cyl. at idle. Instead, they're sending me out a
replacement magnet sleeve as one of the eight magnets seems only about
half as strong as the others and this might not be creating enough of a
field to fire the plug at idle (!!???) They said they occassionaly had
this problem with an early run of the sleeves, of which I might have one.
Anyway, I'll report back to the list with results when I get the new part.

Steve Sage