Re: Rocker panels

To: banana111@msn.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rocker panels
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:21:39 EDT
In a message dated 7/15/01 10:54:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
banana111@MSN.com writes:

>  Does any one know of a good source for round
>  corner rocker panels? I bought one from classic
>  sunbeam but it doesn't fit. Its too short vertically
>  and I can't seem to apply enough pushing and pulling
>  to get it to come close to fitting. I think they get
>  them from england. I have an original one and when you
>  compare them they are not the same.
Brent,

When doing the rocker panels on my car, I noticed there seemed to be no way
to make them fit. They were straight and the car had compound curves.  The
answer came from a body man who said you make them fit by working the panel
to shape.
The other thing to keep in mind is the rocker panels contribute to the
structural rigidity of the car.  If you replace them and the inner sills,
make sure your car has not sagged (especially if you have done both sides at
once ((not recommended)). This could be a reason why your panels are too
short.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne FL