Another Jean's Gem

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Jean's Gem
From: Hal436@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:16:14 EDT
I have not asked for assistance from the list for some time now which
probably means that I have not been doing much.

I need to replace the fuel filter and the two connecting rubber tubes on the
input and output sides of the filter.  My question:

Since the pump will not be running, may I simply remove the clips holding the
rubber hoses, remove the filter and install a new filter, hoses and clips ?
Can I collect the gas with a cloth or will I need a container ?

Also,  can  I go to an auto parts store and expect to be able to buy a
replacement filter and hoses  or will I have to go to Rick or Curt ?  Filter
is going in a Mark 1A, 260 Cu in engine.

I have asked enough questions of this sort that I no longer feel any shame in
asking. I guess that I have finally dropped to the deepest depths of
depravity.

Thanks in advance for the many useful answers that I know I will get.
\