Re: Out Damn Switch!

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Out Damn Switch!
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:35:24 -0600
I'm in the middle of dealing with some virus hassles (I think - I don't run
Outlook at home so it might be something else...) but I'd like to comment on
this one before it gets away. Make sure that the switch you use mounts, like Bob
says, BEHIND (i.e. between you and the pedal) the pedal assembly. If something's
mounted in front of the assembly, then any limit on its travel might limit the
amount of brake you can apply, and that's bad. Toyotas (and I'm sure lots of
other cars) have the kind of switch you're looking for.

Theo