FW: Replacing The 260 w/a 302---Tech Needed

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Replacing The 260 w/a 302---Tech Needed
From: "D. E. Adin" <adin@frontier.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:11:14 -0600
Where were (are) these gearboxes used?
Bolt to our bellhousing?
Where to buy new?
thanks

Hi Al,

I'm about to put my Getrag 262 gearbox into the car and think this may be a
good route. The 262 is good for about 300ft/lbs and is easy to find in the
US. 265 is better and also easy to find there (good for 350ft/lbs or
400ft/lbs if you get metric mechanic to rebuild it.) If he is interested
I'll send more details once it goes in.

Just got back to Zambia from consumating my nuptials in Sweden. Moving to
Sri Lanka in
October (if the war calms down) and sending the tiger to my dad in RSA to
look after (and finish the small stuff.)

cheers, derek