FS: '65 Mark 1

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FS: '65 Mark 1
From: "Charlton" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:08:11 -0500
It's time for the Tiger to go, sad to say.  This is a nice Tiger that I've
owned for about two years; it was nicely fixed up by the previous owner (no,
not what I'd called "restored" since that to me that implies everything is
in as-new condition).  The car is a little lower now than in the pictures
since I added Dale's springs and Spax shocks.  It has a nice 134a A/C system
engineered by the previous owner.  The car hasn't overheated on me yet even
with the a/c operating in stop and go traffic in Austin, TX during the
hottest part of a summer day.  The interior is only a few years old and the
car's rarely been parked uncovered.  Slightly modified 289 (Fairlane block
is outwardly identical to 260 puts out about 245 hp based on quarter mile
times.  Body good, no rust that I have been able to detect, and I've looked
in the usual spots.  It is a Tiger although it's not TAC'd, based on Norm's
photos and descriptions of what separates a Tiger from an Alpine.  JAL tag
was once removed and probably was replaced by a reproduction (improperly
riveted instead of screwed on), and Norm says the JAL number shouldn't match
the VIN in this particular case (B9463116) although it does.  Sorted out
enough to be a good daily driver.  Centerforce Gold clutch w/ original HEH-E
top loader trans and 3.07:1 limited-slip rear axle.  Mallory Unilite
distributor and Mallory Comp 110 gph fuel pump.  Big valves and ported
heads, Performer 289 manifold and Carter/Holley/Edelbrock 600 cfm carb with
.512 lift cam (a bit lumpy for the street but sounds right.  I've added a
couple of short resonators to remove the ...resonance... in the 2" exhaust
system at highway speeds.  See photos at
call me at 512/272-5086 if interested or email me direct at
charlton@flash.net  I'm asking $19,500.