FW: Ken Miles - Shelby American Neat stuff

To: "'tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Ken Miles - Shelby American Neat stuff
From: "Adin,David" <DavidAdin@mercydurango.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:08:33 -0600
Steve, and all,

I find this tremendously interesting from a history standpoint.  Graham Hill
and the other GP drivers hired to add "color" for the film "Grand Prix" were
paid about $200/day.  Jim Clark, during this era, would drive anything just
to drive and who knows for what.  I wonder what Sir Moss was paid?

By my calculations, according to rumors, M Shumacher makes $882,352,000 each
day of a three day Grand prix weekend.  More or less.  (based on 17 races,
rumored 45M paycheck for the year.)  Guess he tests for free?

A long way from gentleman racers of the 20s and 30s who raced for the sport
of it.  (I always thought myself pretty spiffy to have a "free" ride . . . .
almost close to glamorous, eh?)

Have a good one -

David