Re: Surviving Tigers vs TAC

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Subject: Re: Surviving Tigers vs TAC
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:57:25 -0700
At 09:44 PM 8/9/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>I would think that the TAC list (highest number I saw on Norm's website
>was 0426) would give some starting point for estimating the number of
>remaining Tigers. Do you think TAC's penetration is up to 30%? As far as
>I know, of the dozen or so Tigers in Calgary, mine is the only one on
>the TAC list. Also, Norm's registry data should lead to a pretty good
>estimate.
>
>Theo

         I thought I'd use Theo's comments to make a few points.  First,
the TAC program identifies chassis shells not necessarily running
cars.  We've applied our serialized TAC Hallmark stickers to several
chassis that were rusted out hulks or gutted shells that still contained
sufficient indication that they were "Tigers".  We do note these details in
case they happen to show up again in another life form.  The fact remains
that the vast majority of the Tigers that have been authenticated are
running cars.

          Second, the final  number reported (426 at this point) contains
some serialized certificate numbers that may not have been issued yet.  The
reason for this is the expansion of the program.  Every new Senior
Inspector outside the SF area has, or will have, blank certificate forms
that they will be issuing in their area's.  Larry Atkisson in Seattle, and
Peter Thomson in Australia, already have these forms and are ready to
operate independently in their respective regions.

         Finally, we are in process to train more Inspectors and Senior
Inspectors this year.  We're hoping to be able to announce new Senior
Inspectors in the Los Angeles and South East regions in the near
future.  We are also hoping to be able to operate a TAC training and
authentication operation at the TEAE United in St Louis.  At this point,
demand seems to be very light and we need to identify more individuals
that  will be attending this event and would like to be trained as TAC
Inspectors and/or would like to have their Tigers authenticated.  If you
are interested in having TAC in St Louis, Please e-mail me and let me know
before August 24th.  I will have to make my decision to attend and possible
reservations shortly thereafter, depending on your responces.