Re: Cascade radiator cleaner

To: "p ritchie" <iinsic@msn.com>, "TigerList" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cascade radiator cleaner
From: Curtis Fisher <Curtis.Fisher@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:43:55 -0700
My friend and chemist suggests draining the system and adding
vinegar.  Its cheap (less than $1 per gallon) and is a very weak
acid.  Like flush, it disolves mineral deposits.  Use straight
vinegar. (This is cheaper than bottled water)
You don't want this in your system long, just an hour of running
time.
Drain well, keep flushing until the vinegar odor is gone; add your
regular coolant.  His system has never needed radiator work,
clean as a whistle.  Once a year.  I'm starting the program
and I'll let you know the results in say 5-10 years.
Curtis