Re: Rust Removal

To: stan gorski <thorlp@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Rust Removal
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:54:38 -0400
Stan, I would be wary of a process that uses heat to strip the metal, as this
may also warp the large body panels.  And I don't know what an electrolysis
process is to dissolve the rust.  Sounds kind of strange to me.

Generally the use of paint strippers, media blasting, or dipping is used.  Each
has its advantages, and disadvantages.

The major point is not so much the process, as all of the above 3 work well,
but it is who is doing it.  This is the key.

I would learn more about the process, and read books on car restoration first.
You need to plan the whole project, or you may find yourself selling this car
in parts to someone else down the road, because it cost too much, or is taking
forever, and you loose interest.

Larry