Re: Carb Emissions Non-Compliance Citation

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Emissions Non-Compliance Citation
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 15:45:37 -0700
Dear Mr. Thomas Witt,

Thank you so very much for your inquiry regarding our emissions control
regulations. We researched our files and find that the sub-section
dealing with evaporative emissions from California registered motor
vehicles does indeed cover this issue.

We were, however, unaware that the Rootes Sunbeam Convertible, Tiger
Model, does not comply with these requirements, or may have been
modified with non compliant additions.

We would also like to thank you for providing your VIN Rootes B947101.

You will be hearing from our Enforcement Office shortly. We are also
interested in the identity of those belonging to the secret group
"tigers@autox.team.net" for those Californians also in the non compliant group.

Have a nice day.

Morgan Stanley
Standards Division Enforcement Officer,