Re: FW: Synthetic Oil

To: SFordRB@aol.com
Subject: Re: FW: Synthetic Oil
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:00:34 -0400
At 02:16 PM 8/29/01 EDT, SFordRB@aol.com wrote:

>4. In 1942, the U.S. and British Gov'ts started using additives that were
>stated as achieving the same results that Prolong makes in all of their long
>range bombers. What standard of evaluation did the Gov't use and if these
>standards were applied to Prolong today, what would be the results?

If you are really interested, the standards for MS (Military Specification)
oils is readily available, and has been since 1946.  Contact the US Army
Material Command and I suspect they'll mail you a copy.

I spent a LOT of years with MS stuff!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!