Re: swapping shift linkage

To: joness@wsu.edu, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: swapping shift linkage
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:46:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/01 3:22:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, joness@wsu.edu
writes:

>  it seems that the shift linkage can be removed with the
>  tranny in place (remove mount and side panel and boot),  is this true?
>  also can the Hurst linkage be put in without too many gyrations (like
>  dropping the tranny)?  finally does the Hurst linakge come with a stick as
>  short as the stock one?  thanks much, sseems easier to get the answer
>  before I spend two hours on my back thinking it'll work when in fact it may
>  not.  thanks,
I have the Hurst shifter in my Tiger but I installed it with the tranny out
of the car. I believe you could replace it with the tranny in, but you'll
need skinny fingers.
The shifter is about as short as the regular Tiger shifter. The threads ontop
are a different size than the Tiger shifter, so you'll have to use the ugly
Hurst white ball, unless you do some modification to the Tiger knob.

The Hurst shifter works pretty good. One of the reasons is it has threaded
connections for setting up the linkage arms instead of the slots with cotter
pin.

Rob K
Melbourne Fl