Hitting Flies

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Hitting Flies
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:09:05 EDT
  A recent new article here stated that an average car traveling at 65 miles
per hour hitting a common fly traveling at 1 MPH will result in the car
losing 1 millionth of a MPH because of the impact.
  Now you say what is the big deal?  Well, they said "average" car.  If you
assume the average car might weigh 3200 pounds just think of what might
happen to smaller cars like Tigers.
 All kind of possibilities come to mind.  What if the fly is oversized, what
if you actually hit 15 or 20 on any given trip, what if the fly is flying at
more than 1 MPH, etc..?
  I guess you can see that this can be more serious than it would appear at
first glance.  I don't know about the rest of you, but my little Tiger will
be staying in the garage until I can be reassured by someone on the list.
Mark L.