Re: ww1 a/c Nobel Prize

To: <BlueGolfer@aol.com>, <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: ww1 a/c Nobel Prize
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:36:35 -0500
Ok, would someone please bring this arcane discussion back to Tigerdom by
explaining how to convert an Alpine to a Tiger by using one or more of these
rotary engines.  The early Alpines had wings, didn't they. Maybe they could
factor into the conversion.

*It all started when I suggested that I might convert an early Alpine to
being powered by a Liberty 12 cylinder engine.  Someone suggested that I
might be better off using a Rhone engine mounted horizontally in the trunk,
driving the front wheels through Hooke joints.

*From there we went to the conversion with Lewis guns under the turn lights,
and whether the outside screw tail light lens would be better than the
inside type in order to service the tailplanes.

*And that is the "rest of the story".

Best,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;