RE: Leaky Gas Caps

To: "'Mark Meswarb'" <meswarb@hotmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Leaky Gas Caps
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:14:24 -0400
Mark
        I had this problem many years ago.   I found that the spring in the
gas cap was in poor shape, the wire was pitted and had lost much of it's
spring force.    Fortunately, I had another gas cap with a good spring with
a much higher spring force.   I have had no leaks since.   So, check the
spring and check the condition of the cork seal
        I'm not sure if any of the parts vendors carry this spring but it
should be put on the list of desirable parts.   I'm sure there are others
with the same problem or will have the problem as that spring gradually
deteriorates over time and loses spring force.

Ron Fraser