Re: Carb Question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: Packertl3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:36:09 EDT
Robin
I replaced the 650cfm Holly on my car with a Holly 465 vacuum secondary quite
a few years ago and have been very satisfied with its performance on a stock
motor. However, it took me a while to find the source of the whistle that
would occasionally seem to come right up out of the carb throats. It was
necessary to remove the carb from the manifold and tighten the screws that
hold the body together. They are only accessible from the manifold face of
the carb. After I had to do this several times, I finally took the whole
thing apart, re-gasketed it and lock tighted the screws. I've had no further
trouble since. Two points of interest are 1) I bought the carb brand new in a
box so this problem arose from the factory assembly and 2) I never discovered
 a reason for the screws to loosen. You are the first person I've heard of
(besides myself) who has experienced this symptom. Hope your carb's whistle
is so easily cured.
Terry Packer
9470018