RE: [Frd:Question for seller -- Item #597203138

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Frd:Question for seller -- Item #597203138
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:26:31 -0800
Frank,
 I would concure with most of what Theo said. The reserve protects the
seller to get their minimum price. By not reveling that minimum (and by
starting the minimum bid below the reserve) the seller attracts bidders in
the hope that they will continue to bid up to or beyond the reserve. If the
minimum was set at the same as the reserve then fewer people would bid.
 Once when I needed to aquire a spacific (older) video card for editing
purposes I saw people bidding $17.00+ on a card that started at $1.00. Had
they not been caught up in the bidding frenzy they would have seen the same
card with a "buy it now" option at $15.00 with cheaper shipping. That by the
way is the card I got.
 Even now there is a "surface rusted" sill panel on ebay that is at $76.00
with two days to go. The last I looked new these were about $100. It will be
intresting to see what this finally goes for. Ironically I got two sill
panels, two lower frt. fender panels (the rear part) and two lower rear
panels (the front part) at a CAT Swapmeet for $40. By the way if the
discription confuses you that is both sides from the back of the front wheel
opening to the front of the rear wheel opening. I'm not sure whether some
are simply out to save a dollar (literally), don't like paying tax or are
just unaware of what somethings cost new. Tom Witt B9470101