Oil Pressure Fitting

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure Fitting
From: JPKKMK@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:19:45 EST
I am putting a new motor in the Tiger I am restoring and am having a tough
time finding the fitting that goes into the block for the oil pressure line.
I have tried all the local auto parts places as well as four hardware stores.
The threads on the block are not a problem but the threads on the other side
for the oil line have been impossible. Is this a special fitting (thread) or
am I just missing something? Would there be anyone who has an extra original
fitting? Does anyone sell a fitting that works and look nice? I don't want to
have a 5 inch long combination of hardware store reducers & flares to make
this work.
Thanks for any help.
Patrick King