Re: Dead #4 cylinder

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dead #4 cylinder
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:38:54 EST
Andy,
    My guess is you have an ignition crossfire, either within the cap or more
likely between plug wires.  Under load, the combustion pressures increase
considerably and the spark has a harder time jumping the plug gap: it looks
for anywhere else to go, and sometimes the easiest pathway to ground is
another wire!  Ford has printed service bulletins on the topic and they show
the correct way to "lace" the wires off of the distributor cap in the shop
manuals.  A set of Packard 440 wires would be nice, too.  (gee...I doubt many
remember them!)
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle