Fuel Tank Repair

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Repair
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:20:05 -0500
OK, I now have in hand a couple of spare gas tanks and the crossover
pipes.  My plan is to get these cleaned up, coated, or whatever, to be
ready to go in to the Tiger next spring.  My current tanks are
dispensing black flakes into my fuel filter, so it's time for some
preventative action.  The replacements were recently removed from a
parts car and were not leaking, but they are certainly funky inside, as
expected.

What I am looking for is an outfit that will clean out the interior, fix
any leaks or weaknesses that turn up, and apply a sealer.  I have seen a
couple of businesses on the internet, and I know Hemmings will have ads
for a bunch.  I'm near Boston, and ideally would like to deal with an
outfit I could visit.  There's a branch of "Gas Tank Renu" in Albany,
and I have "in-laws" near there. That's the closest I found so far,
other than a few rad shops who also claim to fix gas tanks.

I know this was discussed on here a while back, but nothing from that
got into the TU forum.

So, guys, what are your recommendations? Warnings?

Thanks,

Stu