Deals at Pick a Part!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Deals at Pick a Part!
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:43:48 -0800
For the "financially challenge" like myself I got some goods at Pick A Part
today. They were: Volvo fan $7.95, angle oil filter adapter $1.99, MGB
steering arms $6.00 for two, MG Midget steering rack for $33.95 and a Momo
steering wheel $7.95. Story below if interested.
 I got the yellow Volvo fan off a 244 with the correct hole sizes. Look for
the push rod motor, as I never found one on the umpteen OHC models I have
seen over the years. It is a 14"  5 blade asmmetrical. It seems to have a
different number than that which is normally mentioned. The normally
mentioned number is 653841 (I think) and the number on the fan I got was
653841. Maybe I just got the number wrong as the numbers are the same, just
in different places. Anyway it was $5.95 and it is exactly like the Volvo
fan I have a picture of.
I also found an angle adapter for the oil filter. It was on a big Ford
Econoline van, again it was not the early 60's models often mentioned. This
V-8 model was about late 70's early 80's. The heads were off and so I'm not
sure of the engine size (maybe a big block?). In this application it was
used to clear the crossmember. Glad my nephew had a  36mm six point socket
as it got out the part that bolts to the block! This I got for $1.99.
 I also got the MGB steering arms for $3.00 each or $6.00 total and a MG
Midget steering rack for for $33.95 so I'm on my way to correcting the
Ackerman problems in the Tiger.
As a final note I also got a Momo steering wheel (needs a little work) with
a non-Tiger adapter. If my past results are any indications I should be able
to articulately grind the opening, apply just the right amount of heat and
re-spline that thing to the Tiger column (I hope). This cost all of $7.95.
Thought any other "Budgeteers" might like the encouragement. Regards, Tom
Witt B9470101