Summary on Digital Cameras

To: "List, Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Summary on Digital Cameras
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:38:43 -0500
Many thanks to all those who took the time to reply to my original
e-mail. For the record, of the 15 replies, no two people suggested I
look at the same camera, and no-one had any experience with the model I
had suggested! This suggests that most digital cameras these days are
pretty capable relative to the asking price, and that once you become
familiar with the one you purchased, it is at the very least, quite
satisfactory. Those who recommended specific models were quite lauditory.

Thanks to those who recommended visiting various on-line sites. There is
a wealth of information out there about various models, and about the
price ranges for overall capabilities. A perusal of some of the reviews
gives a good idea about features which are considered useful or
necessary, and those which are a bit of a pain. You also get a good idea
of what capabilities constitute a high end camera, a mid range camera,
or an entry level model.

Again, thanks for your replies

John Slade
Manotick, ON

By the way....I didn't drop my camera, the individual I lent it to did!!
 Lesson # ???