SS trim rust.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: SS trim rust.
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:29:52 -0500
Folks,
        When I recently replaced my windshield with a NOS
tinted glass, I also took the stainless steel trim that fits
in the rubber mounting and polished a few scratches.  Looked real good
for a while, but now there is a light surface rust on the SS.
        Once upon a time, I read how to pickle the SS to remove
surface iron and leave the nickle or chrome on the surface.  This
used some sort of acid as I recall.  Well I forgot what was to
be used, and how to use it. (Old age got to me.)

        Any one know the proper procedure & chemicals?

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others