found it

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: found it
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:43:10 -0500
  I don't know if Mark is starting a bad trend here but I had the day off
yesterday because of icing and snow and my wife wanted to decorate the tree.
So her first comment was "Are you home today?" It wasn't really a question,
more like an accusation. In other words stay out of the way. You have to
understand that I'm not allowed to touch the tree. This tree is an artistic
delight. We cut our own and have to spend at least an hour looking for the
perfect tree. I have to stand beside one while she goes off looking for
something better and when she finds one off I go to that one while she moves
along to the next one. Often it's the first tree that she likes that gets
cut but we have to look the forest over.
  So exiled to the garage I removed the speedo and tach to clean them and
look inside to see why they didn't work. I sat at the kitchen table
pretending to know what I was doing and keeping an eye on the decorating
process. Decorations would go on the tree and than come off. "Not just
right!" was her only comment. Well in one of the trips to the garage I
decided to pull the jack and spare tire and see if I could remember how the
damn jack worked and if the spare was any good. I remember outside the
Yellowstone in 1968 jacking the Tiger up for a tire change. Now let's see
how that's done. And guess what I found buried under the spare. Right! There
it was the KING DICK along with several of the other Tiger tools. I now feel
like a complete Tiger owner. Of course when I came back into the house and
told her I had a King Dick you guys know the stare I got. Sorry about the
content but after following Mark's story...

Jim

PS I saw a complete set of Tiger tools going for well over $100 on ebay. As
I remember they are mostly useless anyway.