Re: What else !!!!!!!!!

To: Anthony & Susan <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Subject: Re: What else !!!!!!!!!
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 09:08:07 -0500
Tony, they are rare, and often like Algers.  Many of the good Ford books have
the identifying parts, from crank damper, big and degreeded, to the paint dab
on the connecting rods.

For that money, I would want to pull the pan, do compression test, get machine
work receipts, and then look at a crate motor, that can be purchased for $3K
with a 345 hp vs the Hi Pl 271.

Old and new technology.  Neat motor in its day.  Must be lots of fun to adjust
solid lifters on a Hi Po Tiger.  Of course the oil splatter will cut down on
the rust in the engine bay.

Larry

PS - If a HO vs Hi Po, forget it.