RE: Welding advice needed

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Welding advice needed
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:51:56 -0800
Thanks EVERYONE for your welding input. Most of your advice I am already
using. I'm using .023 wire, lowest setting, cleaning away all the rust,
copper backed (when I can reach). I have pulsed the gun in the past, but am
doing it more now. It seems to help a little. I guess it it just PRACTICE,
PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
Man, I wish I had known sooner about the arc issue. I've done a number of
the "eyes shut, just do it" welds. Also seems like at least once a day I'm
accidentally flashing my eyes while trying to fight the "torque steer" out
of the wire feed hose. A few days ago I did it 3 times in about 20 seconds!
Good thing I'm not a Cop with a loaded weapon!!! Safety-Practice,
Safety-Practice, Safety-Practice. Regards, Tom Witt