Lime Rock film

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Lime Rock film
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:24:22 -0500
As Stu from the Tiger group already mentioned(I would have brought it
up, but Stu's fingers were faster on the mouse), local PBS broadcast
this excellent film in Boston last night, I was totally and unexpectedly
surprise to channel surf last night and see the last 30 minutes of the
film.

For those of you who don't know the track, its in the corner of
Connecticut that joins New York and Massachusetts, and it is this
misplaced California boys' favorite track along side Lagoon Sea. As Stu
said, on Labor Day weekend or Vintage Fall Festival to us locals, our
cars can't be aimed in any other direction.

The Lime Rock film web site is     www.limerockmovie.com and information
for broadcast and purchases is one the site.

Three of the folks interviewed in the film are Lime Rock neighbors Sam
Posey, Paul Newman(yea,the racer that has done an occasional film), and
John Fitch.Most of you know that Fitch was a driver during the 1950's
and early 1960's. The car you see him drive during the end of the film
is the one of a kind 1966 Fitch Phoenix, which he hoped to market but
couldn't, in the end.
It's based on a Corvair powertrain. He also built tuner versions of the
Corvair, Firebird, and Olds Toronado during the late 1960s.