Re: FL1 Trivia Question

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: FL1 Trivia Question
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:27:42 EST
You guts must be using gorillas to tighten the filter.
I just seat the filter and turn it another 3/4 by hand.
The only problem is your biceps tend to get big.
Remember that you are working with only 75 psi.

I usually reach in and untwist by hand.  If they are
too tight, I use a band filter from Sears.  It can
easily grab unto the grooves of a FL1A.  This method
has always worked for FL1A and FL400A that I
use on Fords and the Honda filter on #1 son's fast
and furious.  Remember to always check for the gasket
on the old filter.  A doubled gasket will leak like a sieve.

For really stuck filters (Like from the factory) I use a
nylon strap wrench I got from Whitney 25 years ago.
One size fits all, completely reversible.  I have
completely crushed stuck filters before they free
from new cars.  I think they use trained orangutans
and don't oil the gasket.

I certainly agree with you choice of FL1A.  The list
generally ranked it as an excellent filter.

+55 in Chicago in January!!!

Dave Johnson, B382002668(under repair), Aurora, IL