Re: Fuel Sender

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <stubrennan@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Sender
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:27:48 -0800
Stu,
 I have never opened the Tiger sender, but I assume it is similar to others.
Thus on other cars I have found a questionable contact at the pivot point
where it often appears the current must pass through. I therefore solder a
very flexible piece of wire from the arm to the housing (or wherever the
current will be found) to insure a good flow of current. I have often found
that the cause of a bad sender is "stuff" between the wiper and the resistor
as you found, the contact at the pivot as I've found or a leaking float. I
have also been able to cover a bad (drained) brass float  with a thin coat
of solder and still have it perform according to its name. In any case the
sender is often repairable if one wants to invest the time. Tom Witt
B9470101