Re: Doane's STEERING

To: <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Doane's STEERING
From: "Gary Winblad" <garywinblad@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:28:01 -0800
YES, now you are thinking!
As you can see in the picture, the aft bolt requires a big spacer and a
longer
bolt.
And the caliper is mounted on the outside of the spindle and it looks like
he milled the outside of the spindle a little.  And I think originally the
bolt threads into the spindle, he must have threaded the caliper or used
a nut to hold it on.  I have some Alpine arms around here somewhere
that I was going to use... hope they got moved and not dumpstered!

For those that can't find the picture, here is the link:
www.classictiger.com/mudge/glimpses/car10.htm

Gary