Re: brake booster

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Subject: Re: brake booster
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:33:03 -0500
Jim, there are several options for you.  You could find a used unit, to match
your car, MKI had the larger booster, and have it done right, by sleeving the
bores.  White Post does it for about $475.  You then have a reliable unit, as
most of the old units have questionable bores, and will leak.

You can go to a Lockheed unit, with the cast iron body.  This will out last
you, and is also rebuildable.  Rich does not have them anymore, but British
Victoria has them, and the boost is about the same as the Tiger unit.  You
could quibble about boost ratio, but it is not that far off.

You will have to rebend new lines to and from the Lockheed booster, but no big
deal.

I have rebuilt Girling boosters, and went with the Lockheed unit for
reliability.

Of course, I then change the design of my braking system, and eliminated the
Lockheed booster, and am looking for a tandem remove booster.

First 2 choices are the best, with a stock brake system.

Larry