Definitive Motor Mounts.

To: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Subject: Definitive Motor Mounts.
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:59:26 -0800
There was some question on the list as to the correct motor mount, and
location, for the Tiger.

According to a recently acquired Rootes Sales and Service bulletin
update of some 120 pages of "additions", (graciously supplied by Peter
MacDonald, or Coquitlam, British Columbia (BC), Canada), the official
Rootes answer is:

Rootes Part Number 6100546, Ford Part Number C3AZ-6038-G, Support
rubber, O/S (R.H.)

Rootes Part Number 6100547, Ford Part Number C3AZ-6038-H, Support
rubber, N/S (L.H.)

O/S is British for "Off-side", or as noted Right Hand, and N/S is
"Near-side" (Left Hand). Of course a heat shield is also part of the stack.

Lots of interesting stuff in here, and we will be studying it in our
spare time. Found a VERY strange illustration of the Radiator System,
including all tanks, clamps, shroud, etc., and a strange looking
alternate to the loser hose (also shown). It consists of two short hose
couplings, one to the lower right lower hose radiator outlet, a very
strange metal tank with a strap bolting it to the chassis (presumably)
and another short hose going to the water pump.  Of course the single
hose from radiator to water pump is also shown.

This unknown device is called  "Connecting pipe - radiator" and is
apparently meant for the R.H.D. models.  Presumably to clear the
steering shaft when it is on that side.

Talk about a difficult hose change.

As an aside to British Nomenclature, I was stopped for exceeding the
posted speed limit while doing 30 mph in a 35 mph zone, looking for a
street to turn onto, when an officer decided my Jaguar XK 120M looked
like it was going too fast. He walked around the car about 3 times,
looking for a large chrome nameplate that is non-existent, and read the
wire wheel "hub caps". He says to me "What year Off-Side Undo" is this, anyway".

That amusement cost me $35 in 1954 money.

--
Steve Laifman